One of the most commonly used dry fruit is obtained from Iran & Afghanistan. We offer in shelled and shelled Pistachios depending upon the different requirements.
Pistachios are nuts that are popularly consumed as a snack food. They are commercially grown in the United States, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Greece, and Italy. In the Unites States, about 98% of all pistachios are grown in California. Pistachios are grown on trees and have naturally tan shells. The kernels inside the shells are a greenish tan. They get their greenish coloring from chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a natural pigment that gives leaves their green color.
Pistachios are typically sold with the shells partly open and the kernels peeking out, making the task of separating the kernels from their shells easy. The shell actually opens on its own during the growth process. As the pistachio nut grows, it expands until it pops its shell open.
- They are inexpensive, especially if you shell them yourself
- They may reduce your risk of heart disease
- They may lower your risk of developing blood clots
- They may lower your cholesterol
- They are high in fiber
- They have a high iron content
- They have a high amount of antioxidants
- They contain a large number of carotenoids and xeaxanthin which might reduce the risk of developing macular degeneration, a condition that causes blindness
- They are a good source of vegetable protein
- A serving (about 50 nuts) contains only 160 calories making them one of the lowest calorie snack nuts.
- They contain over 30 vitamins and minerals